My name is Madeline. Metropolitan labrador extraordinaire. I live in the hip Dupont/Logan neighborhood in Washington DC. I was adopted about a year ago and I've been loving life ever since. I hope you enjoy reading about life from my perspective.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

What's in a name?

Today's walk with Miri was AWESOME. We went to my fave park in Dupont. There wasn't much action there though. So we moved on to the other park on Columbia and 19th. I love going there because its a longer walk AND there are usually lots of dogs along the way. Or I should say, lots of my admirers. Did I mention that everyone loves me? Anyway, we saw Logan on the way. He is very attractive. He kind of looks like me but has the high ears. However, he is very big on PDA (public display of affection) which is frankly a little embarrassing. I'm not talking about humping (I mentioned earlier that I this is one of my fave activities and I do it out in the open unabashedly). I'm talking about this jumping all over the place, sniffing me, sticking his head under my body, etc. I kind of like it but I played hard to get and acted very standoffish and demure. A girl must maintain some semblance of mystery.

I also met a new dog today. His name is Pesky. Yes, you heard me. Pesky. Can I ask you WHAT KIND OF NAME IS THAT? Humans, please. Do not do this to your fellow canine companions. We need dignified names. Or at least cute ones. Pesky is so derogative it kills me. And the boy was really adorable - blue eyes and a white and beige coat. Very sweet too. I think he had the hots for me. But then again who doesn't?

Lastly, I managed to get a piece of a stale hamburger bun from the sidewalk! S-C-O-R-E! I saw it on our way to the park and Miri was able to yank me away from it before I got my mouth on it. She's getting quicker and frankly its making me nervous. But what she forgot, is that I have an impeccable memory. And I am very good at distracting her by doing my bob and weave act. As we approached the delicious treat, I pounced on it before she could remember it was there. I only got a bite or two because she yanked me away when I dropped it, but it was dee-lish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home