My name is Madeline. Metropolitan labrador extraordinaire. I live in the hip Dupont/Logan neighborhood in Washington DC. I was adopted about a year ago and I've been loving life ever since. I hope you enjoy reading about life from my perspective.

Friday, April 28, 2006

My Theory About Greyhounds

I'm feeling a little downtrodden right now because I think Miri is a bit annoyed with me. Let me give you a quick recap. We went on our walk and on the way back we stopped at my fave park in dupont. There was a girl playing with her dog and they had this FABULOUS plush rainbow colored ball with a squeaker in it! The girl was trying to be nice and share it with me. However, she had no knowledge of my penchant for plush toys. Miri and Tom stopped buying them after I tore one apart and tried to eat it the last time. Well she threw the beautiful object up in the air and I caught it and held on for dear life knowing that Miri would try to take it away. I carried it all the way home anxious to tear it apart when Miri left. Little did i know she would get Tom trick me into dropping it for a treat. Treats are my weakness really. To be honest, I cannot resist any food. I'd probably eat myself sick if I could. So I think Miri is annoyed because I would not drop that ball the whole walk home. I didnt want to be difficult but I REALLY wanted that ball.

OK on to my theory about Greyhounds. Now I must warn you that this is kind of controversial. My apologies to the Greyhounds of the world and their moms/dads. I think the Greyhounds are anorexic. They are SO thin! Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful but I think a little TOO beautiful to be honest with you. You know I don't like competition. And I mean who is THAT skinny? Have you ever seen one eat anything? Or try to grab any scraps off the ground? I am pretty slender myself and next to them I look like a little pig. It really cramps my style. We saw a pair of them today and Miri wanted me to stop and say hi but I did not want to be seen next to them fearing one my suitors would pass by and think I've gained some weight. The Greyhound is the Kate Moss of the dog world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home