My name is Madeline. Metropolitan labrador extraordinaire. I live in the hip Dupont/Logan neighborhood in Washington DC. I was adopted about a year ago and I've been loving life ever since. I hope you enjoy reading about life from my perspective.

Monday, May 01, 2006

My Bark Day!

Today is my bark day. Meaning, its the day Tom and Miri adopted me AND my birthday. It's not my actual birthday but since my previous people dropped me off at the shelter with no information, we have no way of knowing my real one. To be honest, I prefer this new birthday because it represents my new life! I have no recollection of my previous life but it must not have been as fun if they didn't want me. Right?
I hope at least one of my many admirers sends me a bouquet of bones today. I already got 2 peanut butter treats from Miri!

I heard i'm going to the vet later for these things called "shots." I wonder what those are?! Maybe more treats?

2 Comments:

Blogger kq said...

ruff! ruff! ruff!, my friend. i hope that you enjoy many, many more bark days with tom and miri. did you know how much they love you and how you changed their lives when you joined them in their home?

you made them complete.

your love is the stuff of movie soundtracks.

in fact, it is a little like what joe cocker and jennifer warrens always say:

"who knows what tomorrow brings
in a world, few hearts survive
all i know, is the way i feel
when it’s real, i keep my prey alive

the road is long
there are mountains in our way
but we climb steps every day

love lift us up where we belong
where the eagles cry, on a mountain high
love lift us up where we belong
far from the world we know
up where the clear winds blow

some hang on to "used-to-be"
live their lives looking behind
all we have is here and now
all our lives, out there to find

the road is long
there are mountains in our way
but we climb steps every day

love lift us up where we belong
where the eagles cry, on a mountain high
love lift us up where we belong
far from the world we know
up where the clear winds blow

10:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Bark Day, Madeline! We love you!
Pugs & kisses,
Cassie, Roscoe and Chewy

9:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home