My name is Madeline. Metropolitan labrador extraordinaire. I live in the hip Dupont/Logan neighborhood in Washington DC. I was adopted about a year ago and I've been loving life ever since. I hope you enjoy reading about life from my perspective.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Who are the people in your neighborhood?


It occured to me that I haven't told you about the people in our neighborhood that we frequently see on our walks. I thought it would be fun to update you on them since i saw a few today.

1) turtle man. This is an older gentleman that gets his exercise early in the morning by walking around the neighborhood. He is very friendly but kind of odd and unfortunately smells like urine all the time. I call him turtle man becuase he has 4 pet turtles that he talks about all the time. He walks with a cane sometimes and it used to scare me but now im used to it. Sometimes he acts kind of weird. Like the other day he had a small plastic yellow bat (like a kids toy bat) with him. Why? Not sure. Also today he saw us across the street and shook his finger at us like we were "naughty" but we werent doing anything wrong! Miri tries to be nice to him and lets him pet me all the time. I allow it because i feel sorry for him. He seems lonely.

2) "Baby" - There is this really cute older black man that also walks with a cane. I call him "baby" because he always says hi to us by saying "hey babies!" I used to be scared of him at the beginning - the cane was a little imposing but now im used to him. And i like the "babies" - Its very cute.

3) Trios waiter. There is this REALLY nice guy that works at Trios on the breakfast shift. He is a black guy and I think he is gay too. That give him triple points in my book! I love the gay guys in this neighborhood. They are so fun to be around.

4) Homeless CVS man. There is a homeless guy that hangs out in front of CVS every morning and he always asks "how you guys doin?" Very friendly. I like him. I think he is a good person for us to know. I know he would stick up for us if there was any sort of shady busines going on.

5) Kazakstan Groundskeeper. This is the only sour neighborhood person I can think of so I left him for last. I dont think he likes me very much because Im a dog. He is always busy blowing leaves or watering the grass and he gives us a dirty look each morning. YUCK.

OK thats all for now. I have more to tell you about but ill do it in my next blog.

I hope you enjoy the pictures in my cool necklace that Kelly gave me!

1 Comments:

Blogger kq said...

here's what i love about picture number one. your eyes match the necklace.

i wish i were one of the people in your neighborhood.

i miss you girl.

do you think that i can have a sleepover with you later in the month? or can we just hang out for long periods? maybe make beaded necklaces with you and miri. we can let tom in on the reindeer games too.

10:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home