My name is Madeline. Metropolitan labrador extraordinaire. I live in the hip Dupont/Logan neighborhood in Washington DC. I was adopted about a year ago and I've been loving life ever since. I hope you enjoy reading about life from my perspective.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Baby Makes 4


Well, well... Miri and Tom have been BUSY it seems. If you haven't already heard, Miri is pregnant. Yes, its true. I refuse to admit to myself that she will have another baby besides me. Between us, I'm a little jealous. But I'm trying to be supportive. And she did tell me that I'll always be her first baby.

The good thing about it is that I'll probably get more food when it comes because I've been around babies and kids and they tend to drop food pretty easily. My friend Tipper told me that I should sit under the height chair. He said its like candy falling from heaven!

Some people have wondered how I'll be around the baby. Will I think its another squirrel someone asked... how dumb do I look people? I CAN tell the difference between a human baby and a delicious and wonderful squirrel! No. Ive been around babies and they are not that attractive to me really. They are fine but not really anything too amazing for a dog. Unless they have food.

However, I can promise that I will be jealous when Tom and Miri are paying more attention to the baby than to me. I will be pushing my snout in there and making sure they don't forget to pet me as much as they deal with the baby. You can be sure of that!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer L. said...

Madeline, I think you'll make a WONDERFUL big sister! You'll still get a lot of attention. Babies also mean many visitors to the house and visitors are a) another opportunity for dropped food, and b) annother opportunities to be petted by a non-sleep-deprived human.

10:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home