My name is Madeline. Metropolitan labrador extraordinaire. I live in the hip Dupont/Logan neighborhood in Washington DC. I was adopted about a year ago and I've been loving life ever since. I hope you enjoy reading about life from my perspective.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Blog Inactivity

A few of my readers have complained about my inactivity on the blog. I have to say that my life has been kind of boring lately. Mostly due to my new collar actually. The new collar is a bit spike-y -- it doesnt hurt me but its a little bit of a reminder that I cant pull as hard and it has resulted (MUCH TO MY DISMAY) in an inability on my part to snack on dead animals of any sort. Any time there is one around us, the collar has given Miri and Tom more control to get me away from these tasty delights. The positive outcome for me has been a much healthier intestinal tract which is less embarrassing too.

I think the sad result of this new collar though is that I am much less exciting on my blog.
I am accepting reader comments on this subject.

One exciting thing happened today! I was off leash at the dog park in Dupont (which is not fenced in) and I saw a really fun poodle across the street. I decided I wanted to go and say hi to her so I just darted across really quickly. I knew I wouldnt get hit by any of those crazy cars because im so fast on my feet but boy did Miri get upset! She was beside herself. The dad that was with the poodle held my collar while Miri ran across all huffy. I laughed inside when I saw her. I know she is looking out for me but still.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer L. said...

Madeline, Don't scare your mommy like that! Darting across the street is NEVER safe, even if there are cute poodles to pursue. I expect better of you, Madeline.

I'm sorry to be stern. It's only because I love you and want to protect you that I tell you this.
Jennifer

9:52 AM

 
Blogger kq said...

dear miss madeline. i am really missing your updates. any chance that they have computer access at the play group?

would you ever think of going to the public library or maybe to an internet cafe to post?

seriously. i miss you.

1:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home