My name is Madeline. Metropolitan labrador extraordinaire. I live in the hip Dupont/Logan neighborhood in Washington DC. I was adopted about a year ago and I've been loving life ever since. I hope you enjoy reading about life from my perspective.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Doga!

Yesterday was super fun! Miri and Tom took me to this fun event called DOGA at Rose Park. Let me explain. Miri does this thing called yoga where she contorts her body in all different poses. I am not sure what all these poses are but I recognize a few of them because I do them myself. The two I know are called Down Dog and Up Dog. In my opinion they are the best poses because they have the word Dog in them AND I can do them. Actually, I believe I've perfected them. There's Miri and me on her yoga mat! Miri did yoga while Tom and I walked around the park. Tom is so fun!

So, Miri does this yoga thing at a really hip studio called Tranquil Space. The hip tranquil chick that started the studio is named Kimberly Wilson. There she is in the picture with the pigtails. Isn't she pretty? Lucky for me, Kimberly loves dogs! Actually, she has a pretty awesome pooch named Louis - he's the black pug with Kimberly in the picture.. See Louis's blog in my fave links! Anyway, I digress. Kimberly supports charities like the Washington Humane Society as a way to give back to the community and spread yoga all over the world! SO, Doga was an event that combined yoga and dogs. The humans donated $$ to the Humane Society and did yoga while the doggies got to frolic and also eat yummy treats from my fave store Doggie Style Bakery. I got THREE big dog treats too. I stole one of them from this lady though. I guess that wasnt very polite but I couldnt help it. She was walking with her arm hanging by her side and the treat was RIGHT there in front of my snout. I had to take it. You know you would have done the same.

Here's a photo of the three of us. Miri is giving me one of the treats.

Here's one more of the group doing a pose called Baddha Konasana. More importantly - there's me right behind Miri - you can't really see my face but you can see my sexy legs!

1 Comments:

Blogger Louis the Pug said...

Doga rocked the park, yo. Good seeing you there...

I had a big weekend... I smoked every other pug in my age class in a sprint at the Pug Walk on Sunday. Fastest... pug... ever.

Peace out.

10:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home