My name is Madeline. Metropolitan labrador extraordinaire. I live in the hip Dupont/Logan neighborhood in Washington DC. I was adopted about a year ago and I've been loving life ever since. I hope you enjoy reading about life from my perspective.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Roosevelt Island Adventure

I know you aren't going to believe me when I tell you this, but its true! I almost got TWO ducks on Saturday! Tom and Miri took me to Roosevelt Island and let me swim in the Potomac! I LOVE to swim and hardly get the chance. Unfortunately Miri and Tom get really nervous when I swim because I do like to go really far out! I wish they would trust me more. Of course I would come back - they are my food and shelter and I love them. But first things first.

I wanted those ducks! Man - I was SO CLOSE! I swam after them and got within feet of them. But Miri and Tom kept calling my name. Then their friend Mark came by in a kayak and chased me onto shore! I was a little annoyed by that but I guess they were nervous about my being out so far. I can't help it that I'm determined. And, to show my affection for them, I would have loved to bring one of those ducks back as a gift! Better luck next time I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home