My name is Madeline. Metropolitan labrador extraordinaire. I live in the hip Dupont/Logan neighborhood in Washington DC. I was adopted about a year ago and I've been loving life ever since. I hope you enjoy reading about life from my perspective.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Squirrel Episode and More


Last night was kind of crazy. Miri and I went out for an evening walk because Tom was working. The walk was going pretty well UNTIL .... I found a dead squirrel on the street! Miri looked away for one second and pounce! I had that thing and I would not give it up. Even strangers were trying to help Miri get it away but I was not budging. Slurp!

Well, Miri called the vet because I guess I could get sick from this tasty treat. Who knew? Anyway, Im not sure what happened on that call because I only heard her side of the call but after she hung up, she was determined to get home. We walked faster than ever and she had me on the shortest leash ever. I had maybe a foot of leash. She was definitely pissed. Oops.

Then we got home but she didnt take my leash off. She got this brown bottle of stuff and a little cup. We went out back and she poured a little bit of this clear liquid in the cup. I thought it was water so I drank it. Unbeknownst to me, it was hydrogen peroxide. Not sure if you are aware of this but you can induce vomiting in dogs by using hydrogen peroxide! However, please consult your vet before doing anything like this yourself.

Well, as you can imagine, out went the squirrel! I won't go into details for the faint of heart.

I guess I felt better afterwards too because I wagged my tail after I did it.

Crazy huh? I think Miri is still kind of rattled from the whole experience. I don't blame her. First a bird and then the squirrel. I'm so bad. I'm lucky she thinks I'm so cute.

OH - AND I think I found out who my SECRET ADMIRER IS!!! Her initials are KQ!!

3 Comments:

Blogger kimberly wilson said...

Madeline, oh my! Your mama was quite upset about this today. I hope you've recovered from the "incident" and will be back out prowling the streets again in no time.

11:07 PM

 
Blogger Louis the Pug said...

Squirrel! Dude, the best thing I ever snagged off the street was a chicken wing... I gotsta find me one of them dead squirrels, yo...

11:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

5:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home