My name is Madeline. Metropolitan labrador extraordinaire. I live in the hip Dupont/Logan neighborhood in Washington DC. I was adopted about a year ago and I've been loving life ever since. I hope you enjoy reading about life from my perspective.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

My first (and last) vacation



Well folks, I promised I'd provide an update from the Ohio Christmas trip. I'll just warn you, its not pretty, sweet, or adorable. On the other hand, I guess it could have been worse. But not by much. Next time Miri and Tom go away, I would really prefer to just hold down the fort here at good ol' dupont circle with my fave pet sitter. I love my home, my neighborhood, and most of all my familiar routine.

Here's a list of the highlights:

Number of hours I whined in the car on the way to Oberlin: 7
Number of times I peed in Marilyn's house: 3
Number of beautiful rugs I peed on: 3
Number of times I jumped up and barked at people: I can't even count
Number of squirrels I chased: Too many to try and remember
Number of times I made Miri cry: 2
Number of times I barked in the middle of the night and woke people up: 2
Number of hours I whined in the car on the way back to DC: 6 1/2 (i was tired out so i did take a few breaks on the way back)

However, to present you with a balanced view, I will also tell you the good things that happened. The ride there was SOOOO long and I whined because I wasnt sure where we were going or worse, if I was being driven somewhere to be dropped off and left like my past owners did to me! But after we arrived, I ran like a maniac around Marilyn's house and that was super fun! I didnt break anything - I just explored. Then we went to a BIG field and I ran and played ball with Marilyn, Matt, Miri and Tom. That was awesome. I ran so fast and the field was HUGE! However, I did find the one way to wriggle out of the field and ran into this BIG pile of dirt and mud. It was so fun and Tom had to chase me out! It is fun to make him chase me.



The other good thing was that despite my anxiety, I did not get diarrhea when we were there! Which was really a blessing because I couldnt figure out where the door was in Tom's moms place which is why I ended up peeing there a few times. OOPS! The thing is she has this elevator and it was confusing to me that it was a door also!

We also went to Tom's dad's house for Christmas day and I was a pretty good girl there. Namely, I didnt pee or poop in his house and also didnt bark and jump up on people. He had a fireplace going and it was very relaxing for me so i was calmer.

Yesterday, i finally started to get used to being at Marilyn's house and I was super tired so I slept a lot. Plus it was just Tom, Miri and Marilyn so it was less stressful for me. But then i heard noises in the middle of the night so I had to bark to protect everyone from danger. I dont know why they get so angry when I try to be a good guard dog! Can't a girl do anything right?



All in all, I will say that I hope for all our sakes, they get a pet sitter for me next time!

XOXO
Happy holidays!
MAD

1 Comments:

Blogger kq said...

dear miss madeline. i think that we are going to get to visit tomorrow night and girl! am i excited.

i had diarrhea over the christmas weekend myself. maybe i caught it for you? good thing was that i managed not to pee or poop in anyone's house either.

whew. it can be just such a bother.

anyway, thanks for posting your pix. as ever, your pixel presence is bewitching.

9:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home