My name is Madeline. Metropolitan labrador extraordinaire. I live in the hip Dupont/Logan neighborhood in Washington DC. I was adopted about a year ago and I've been loving life ever since. I hope you enjoy reading about life from my perspective.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hump at your own risk



Well folks, I got bit last night. I'm ok. Don't be too alarmed. However, I'm limping a bit and Ive got a shaved patched where the bite is. I have to admit that its a bit of my own fault. You know about my humping habit. Well, I humped Jake (our neighbor dog) once too many and he decided he'd had enough of it. I also think it has to do with the fact that they have another dog staying with them because her mom and dad are on vacation. Apparently Jake has been acting weird since she got there - I think he feels neglected and a bit sad. So anyway, last night I went out for my last pee of the evening and Jake was out there! I greeted him with my usual "happy to see you" hump and at first he was cool with it. But then, he got pissed and he bit me under my arm. I cried and slunk away. I had a rough night and cried a bit and then Miri picked me up and brought me into bed with her. She pet me and calmed me down. She's a good egg. Then she took me to the vet today where they shaved the bite so they could get a good look at it and they said it would heal better without all the hair there. They gave me antibiotics and pain medicine so it wont get infected and so I can feel better. It looks kind of unattractive but what can a girl do? I guess it makes me look tough! Very butch. GRRRRR!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer L. said...

Oh Maddie! I'm so sorry baby. You must have been so frightened! I'm glad that the bite incident hasn't completely dampened you're "go girl" style.

I think you're very brave.

hugs and kisses, and a speedy recovery,
Auntie Jennifer

11:41 AM

 
Blogger david silver said...

i hope you're feeling better these days maddie.

i like how you call your human friend an egg - a good one, too.

if and when your human brother comes, you shouldn't hump him; it might weird him out.

1:28 PM

 
Blogger Jennifer L. said...

Maddie, your fans are eager for an update! How is your boo-boo healing?

Jennifer

1:52 PM

 
Blogger charming gardener said...

That'll teach you to keep it in your pants, Madeline. A lady gets drinks and dinner first before she romps. Tisk.

11:31 AM

 
Blogger kq said...

dear miss madeline.

on two counts, i blame myself for this vicious incident.

i have not been reading your blog very faithfully this week because i was working way too hard. had i been reading surely you would not have been bitten.

and also, as you know, i have had this terrible arm pit rash. now i learn that you too have an underarm injury. we are so in sync. armpit, diarrhea, love of miri and tom, love of the kong and npr.

i am so relieved that you are on the mend.

with my love, your midwestern fan.

10:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home