My name is Madeline. Metropolitan labrador extraordinaire. I live in the hip Dupont/Logan neighborhood in Washington DC. I was adopted about a year ago and I've been loving life ever since. I hope you enjoy reading about life from my perspective.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

What goes around comes around...

Well, let me just warn you, this posting is not going to be pretty, elegant, or ladylike. I think I got what was coming to me for bragging about Tipper's fishy mishap. Remember how I mentioned about my diarrhea? Well, it got worse.

Yesterday during the day when no one was home, I couldn't hold it so I went in the back room. Tom had to clean it up. Poor guy. I felt badly about it but what's a girl to do? I didn't know when the humans would arrive and I had to go! Note - this is foreshadowing for what was to come...

I guess I must have eaten some sort of clump of reeds, weeds, or grass patch when i was outside recently. Sometimes I think things are animals and I go for the gold so quickly to avoid being caught by the humans. Well, unfortunately this thing was not as digestible as a savory animal. This crazy clump of reeds made its way slowly down south last night and in middle of the night it came out... I know I should have cried to wake them up and take me out but I was so uncomfortable and had a feeling it might take a while. They like to rush me when its late because our neighborhood is a little sketchy at night and I guess they are tired or something? But they should know I would protect them. I have a very scary bark and big teeth! I have successfully made several creepy looking people cross to the other side of the street.

Anyway, I figured why disturb their slumber? Why not just take my time and get it out all over their beautiful rug? If they would have left the door open to the back room, I probably would have done it on the cheap rug but that door was closed. Between us, the rug in our main room is just OK. All those squares kind of make me dizzy.

However, I felt bad when they came out and saw the big mess I made. Miri was cleaning for a long time this morning. I sort of moped in the corner because I thought she might be annoyed with me. It helps to look cute when they are annoyed.

I hope I feel better soon. And man am I hungry!! Miri just game me some lame rice this morning. What kind of meal is that?

2 Comments:

Blogger kq said...

poor madeline and poor rug. and poor miri and poor tom. poor reeds and weeds and seeds.

oh dear.

listen, lady. rice can be fun. wait until she gives you the applesauce and toast and banana.

1:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

1:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home